Where we can help our customers
If your organization shows one or several
of the symptoms listed below, Contact Us.
Owl Database Applications has the knowledge to come up with a solution, tailor
made to your needs that will pay for itself within a short period of time.
and information handling is too time consuming and prone to mistakes
Your internal processes require lots of data and information to be readily
- You have to sift through lots of data to
find what you are looking for.
- Multiple places where the same information
is stored or individual 'cheat sheets' require multiple data entry of the same
information. No guarantee that they are all updated
since information enters your organization through different venues.
- Important information stored in paper files
that are time consuming to access or even to find.
- In case different places show different
information, it is impossible to know which one is correct.
- Mistakes happen because outdated information
- Documents that are created require the same
information to be typed again and again. This is not only time consuming,
but transfer errors happen in the process.
Low customer satisfaction
- Unable to provide customers reliably with firm dates.
- Too many errors occur because important data
/ information cannot be properly disseminated internally.
- Customer support performs below expectation
because they don't have the latest information at their fingertips.
- Several of your customer service people,
maybe even in different locations, rely on the same, fast changing data.
Errors, like overbooking in the case of event registrations, occur because
the data are not updated reliably and disseminated fast enough.
Converting customer specs to internal orders
takes too much time and / or creates errors
This section of symptoms applies primarily to
organizations that deal with complex, heavily customized products.
- It takes too much time to convert customer
specs into quotes or internal orders.
- This process is primarily manual and causes
too many mistakes.
- Unsatisfactory Change-Order process
including internal dissemination of information (technical changes as well as
Unsatisfactory or no real scheduling
This section of symptoms applies primarily to organizations that require
a number of steps to be done in a defined sequence (e.g. manufacturing).
- No information available that states what
step has to be completed when, in order to allow planned completion in time.
- Required individual completion dates have to
be manually filtered out of pages of data. Easy to read, prioritized To-Do
lists are not available.
- No ability to immediately recognize
consequences of delays 'up stream'.
- High inventory and/or too many shortages.
- Information regarding completion of
preceding steps has to be found manually.
- Schedule changes create conflicts because of a
lack of reliable data.
- Dissemination of changes and their
Insufficient planning tools
- Unrealistic planning, because forecast
values are primarily 'guesstimates' and wishful thinking and not based
- Unreliable or missing detail planning
because required planning parameters are unknown or not sufficiently
- Only very general or no numbers at all to
compare actual to forecast on an ongoing basis and to take targeted corrective action if
- No early warning that shows developing
problems before they become emergencies.
- No early warning that shows opportunities
These are just a few examples of symptoms that cost
your organization money, money that normally disappears in your cost of doing
business. If your organization 'suffers' from one or several of these
symptoms, Contact Us.
Owl Database Applications has the knowledge to
come up with solutions that pay for themselves within a short period of time.
And, as this solution will be tailor made to the inner workings of your
organization, there will be no need to add additional people.